Mammal faunal regions in the Late Cretaceous
– Black (North America + Asia): Dominated by cimolodont multituberculates and metatherians; several eutherians present. Eutriconodonts until mid-Campanian.
– Red (Europe sans Hateg): Dominated by eutherians; sporadic metatherian and cimolodont remains
– Indigo (Hateg): Dominated by kogaionid multituberculates; a single eutherian specimen.
– Orange (South America): Dominated exclusively by dryolestoids and gondwanathere multituberculates
– Green (India and Madagascar): Dominated by sudamericid gondwanatheres and eutherians; a single non-gondwanathere multituberculate and the haramiyidan Avashishita bachamarensis.
– Brown (Australia): Unknown, possibly primarily australosphenidans and dryolestoids.
– Pink (Africa): Single sudamericid gondwanathere, possibly eutherians.